Taking a test drive is the best way to become familiar with a vehicle and find out if it is suitable for your needs. Did you know you can test drive both adapted and standard production cars with a qualified driving instructor at The Big Event Birmingham, The Big Event Northern Ireland and at our regional One Big Day events?
Here are our top five tips to consider when planning a test drive at our events:
1. Remember your driver’s licence. You’ll need a full UK driving licence with you in order to test drive a car. You will also need to sign a Test Drive Declaration Form which says that you agree to standard
test drive terms and conditions and that you meet the eligibility criteria.
2. Select your chosen vehicles from our test drive fleet. Make a checklist of any specific requirements you have for your new car (such as adjustable seats and electric windows) to help you decide what to test drive on the day.
3. Take someone with you. Choosing a car is a big decision and having someone there to talk things over with often helps. If you wish to nominate a driver, they should come with you and test drive the car too.
4. Book early to avoid disappointment. Our test drives are very popular so be sure to find the test drive booking desk upon arrival to book your time slot.
5. Arrive in good time for your allocated booking. This will allow plenty of time to get familiar with the test drive car and ask the instructor any questions you might have before you head off.
The Big Event takes place at the NEC in Birmingham on Friday 6 and Saturday 7 July. You can find full details of all of this summer’s One Big Day events at: www.motability.co.uk/onebigday. For the latest announcements, pictures and videos, visit the ‘Motability Scheme’ Facebook page
For more information on leasing a car, scooter or powered wheelchair through the Motability Scheme, visit: www.motability.co.uk or tel: 0800 953 7000.