Contact Number: 013397 42100
Address: Crathie Opportunity Holidays, The Manse Courtyard, Crathie, Ballater, Aberdeenshire, AB35 5UL
Crathie Opportunity Holidays offer a peaceful, relaxing setting and accessible accommodation for all.
Each cottage includes a range of facilities for people with disabilities, and special equipment is available at no extra charge.
With our idyllic setting and on-site facilities, you don’t need to go out if you don’t feel like it. Sit and watch the river flow past our patio and barbecue area. There’s a lovely adventure play area with swings, slide, and more – and the log cabin has lots to keep everyone entertained, including an indoor sand-pit, a kitchen play area, colouring and drawing materials and garden games. We also have bikes and helmets to borrow and lots of information about things to see and do locally.
The Garden Room has computer access, an audiovisual library and a games
store with board games, cards and jigsaws.
Or you can enjoy doing absolutely nothing – and just listen to the birdsong! There are also all the attractions and activities of Royal Deeside on the doorstep – castles, distilleries, stunning landscapes and the charming villages of Ballater and Braemar.
Our 4 self-catering holiday cottages have a charm and a quality which are certain to surprise and delight you. You will be sure of a warm welcome from our thoughtful and committed staff team and your comfort and care will be their priority.
Situated on Royal Deeside, in the heart of the Cairngorms National Park, The Manse Courtyard nestles on the bank of the River Dee, famed for its salmon fishing. Overlooking Balmoral Estate and golf course these four accessible holiday cottages occupy a unique position.
Well known for its proximity to Balmoral Castle, the Highland home of the Royal Family since Victorian times, Crathie is a popular destination throughout the year with visitors attracted to the wonderful scenery, varied wildlife and the renowned whisky and castle trails.
Each wheelchair accessible cottage has:
- Level ground floor access with underfloor heating throughout
- Open plan living/dining/kitchen area
- Fully accessible kitchen with fridge, induction hob, oven and microwave
- TV/DVD and Radio/CD/cassette player
- Wheel-in shower room with fold down shower seat, handrails, height-adjustable wash basin and closo-mat toilet
- Ceiling track hoist and height-adjustable profiling bed in the main bedroom
- Free wi-fi internet access
- Cordless telephone
Other facilities within the complex include:
- Private parking space for loading/unloading outside each cottage
- Laundry with washing machines, dryers, freezer, iron and ironing board
- Communal Garden Room with glazed patio doors for lazy days
- Audio-visual library with films, cds, talking books and large print books
- Games store with board games, garden games etc
- Wheelchair accessible adventure playground and log cabin
- Riverside patio with garden chairs, table and barbecue
- Wheelchair accessible picnic table
- Recycling bins for glass, cardboard, aluminium, plastic and paper
- Computer access for internet/e-mail
Accessibility and Special Equipment
We understand how frustrating it can be to search for information about the accessibility and suitability of holiday accommodation. We have carefully prepared an Access Guide for each of our cottages, as well as the rest of the courtyard. These are available on our website or by request – please call or email. We are always happy to talk through your requirements.
We have a wide range of special equipment available at no extra charge:
- Wheeled shower chairs – self or carer propelled
- Reclining shower chair
- Wide shower chair
- Sea-horse shower chair (for children)
- Mobile hoist
- Pressure-relief mattress – electric or repose
- Mobility Scooter
- Clinical Waste
- Static Commode
- Manual Wheelchair
- Mountain Trike
- Rollz Motion wheelchair/zimmer
- Food Processors
- Vibrating alarm system for hearing impaired people
Customer Service and Quality Assurance Awards Include:
- Category 1 Accessibility Rating
- 4 star from Visit Scotland
- Gold Green Tourism Award
- Welcome Host
- World Host
- I Know Royal Deeside
- Tourism is for Everybody
ABLE Magazine’s travel section is sponsored by Post Office Travel Insurance