Able Magazine is proud to support the ERSA Employability Awards!
Celebrating the achievements of organisations and individuals working in partnership to help jobseekers in their journey towards, into and progression in work
ERSA welcomes nominations from across the employment spectrum including local authorities, housing associations, universities, specialist providers and private companies. You do not need to be an ERSA member to enter and there is no charge to do so.
ERSA is delighted that the award winners will be announced and presented in front of the Minister for Employment, Alok Sharma MP.
The awards will take place at an evening ceremony in central London this summer. Watch this space for more announcements.
ERSA is delighted to announce that the Employability Awards 2019 will be judged by:
- Phillip Blond, Director, ResPublica
- Jane Hamilton, Sunemployment Editor, The Sun
- Mark Staley, Assistant Employment Account Director, Department for Work and Pensions
- Tanya Weston, Winner of Adviser of the Year 2018, Genius Within
Read more about the judges here.
Award categories – the following categories have been designed to showcase the breadth of work taking place within the sector:
- Adviser of the year: sponsored by Alderwood Recruitment
Recognising an employment adviser who has demonstrated exceptional commitment in a frontline role.
- Disability and Health Employment Award: sponsored by ICONI
Recognising an employment services provider who has demonstrated exceptional commitment in supporting jobseekers with limiting disabilities and health conditions to achieve sustained employment.
- Youth Employment Award: sponsored by entitledto
Recognising an employment services provider who has demonstrated exceptional commitment in delivering employment services for young adults.
- Innovation Award:sponsored by Shaw Trust
Recognising a provider who has pioneered innovative approaches and solutions within the employment-related services market.
- Small Employer of the Year Award: sponsored by Cognisoft
Recognising a small or medium employer who has demonstrated exceptional commitment in creating opportunities for disadvantaged and long term unemployed jobseekers.
- Large Employer of the Year Award
Recognising a large employer who has demonstrated exceptional commitment in creating opportunities for disadvantaged and long term unemployed jobseekers.
- Lifetime Achievement Award: sponsored by Clarion Futures
Recognising an exceptional individual who has dedicated a significant part of their career to the employment related services sector and has made a notable impact on the industry
- Team of the Year Award: sponsored by the Institute of Employability Professionals and JobSkilla
Recognising a team of frontline staff which has demonstrated outstanding commitment in meeting and exceeding the delivery aims of an employment provider.
- Significant Achievement Award
Recognising a specific job seeker who has demonstrated exceptional commitment to overcoming barriers to enter and maintain work.
- Partner of the Year Award
Recognising excellence as a subcontractor in the field of employment-related services.
Key dates in 2019
8 February – Awards open for online entry
15 March – Awards close at 5pm
March / April – Awards are judged by an independent panel
30 April – Shortlisted finalists are announced at the ERSA AGM and via press release, tickets go on sale
May – Lifetime Achievement Award will be judged separately by a panel of sector experts
20 June – Winners are announced at an evening ceremony in central London in front of ministers, peers and sector stakeholders