- This event has passed.
Festival in the Park 2018
July 18, 2018 @ 12:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Able Magazine is at Festival in the Park this July!
Redbridge is hosting the first international disability awareness day festival in London. We are inviting you to be part of this exciting event which will reach out to thousands of people across the borough and beyond.
The festival provides people with a disability and mental ill-health the opportunity to be involved in an activity that most people take for granted, as well as the chance to enjoy a feel-good community event which can help improve their sense of wellbeing.
The festival will be opened by Frank Lampard Senior, a former professional footballer at West Ham.
There will be a Take That tribute band as well as Mama Mia vs Motown tribute and local Ska band called Monkies Wedding. They also have performances from a number of community groups including Uniting Friends, Woodbine and Vibrance and a choir from one of their local schools Glade Primary School and other acts too.
Alongside this they will have:
- An information tent of providers of services for people with a disability or mental ill health
- A range of refreshments from Lebanese food to vintage tea
- Sporting activities from Essex Cricket Club, Coping through football and Vision
- An arts and craft fair showcasing local artists including from local day services
- A games bus for the young at heart
- Two live music stages