Calling all adventure seeking families, heritage explorers and all those in search of fun and great outings; the Rough Guide to Accessible Britain is searching for a Rough Guide Reporter to experience 3 days out with family or friends and report back on their experience.
Your family could be exploring the best days out venues the UK has to offer courtesy of The Rough Guide to Accessible Britain.
The Rough Guide to Accessible Britain is an inspiring guide that aims to support people with diverse needs in enjoying the best of United Kingdom’s attractions – whatever their conditions. As well as details of ramps, accessible toilets and parking spaces, visitors can find out well in advance whether a venue offers features such as quiet mornings, picture stories or bespoke queuing arrangements.
The Rough Guide to Accessible Britain provides clear and helpful advice to highlight the very best inclusive and accessible days out for people of all abilities, from museums and art galleries, to wildlife parks and gardens.
Every venue is thoroughly considered by Rough Guides’ team of reviewers, who either have a disability themselves or have visited the venue with a disabled friend or relative. The Guide now wants to know what you think of these days out, and wants you to enter to become the Rough Guide Reporter for The Rough Guide to Accessible Britain.
Packed with over 180 comprehensive reviews of potential days out, the guide is an ideal planning tool for anyone with access needs, and provides plenty of ideas for Rough Guide Reporters to plan their outing.
The winning Rough Guide Reporter will receive* three experiential days out with their family as well as a new camera to capture it all for the Rough Guide to Accessible Britain.
To enter for a chance to become the Rough Guide Reporter, simply go to ablemagazine.co.uk/rough-guide-competition/ and tell us about your dream day out. From trips with the family, visiting heritage spots and active days out, share how you would spend your three days out reporting.
Competition closes 31 July 2019. T&C’s apply, please see below.*
The latest edition of The Rough Guide to Accessible Britain is available online at accessibleguide.co.uk if you need inspiration to enter to become a Rough Guide Reporter.
* Terms and conditions
The following terms and conditions apply to the competition.
- To qualify, you must complete the submission form online with your information and tell us how you would spend three days out reporting.
- Only one entry per person.
- The competition is free to enter and only open to Able Magazine readers over the age of 18. Entrants must be UK residents (unless stated otherwise).
- The competition is not open to employees or agencies of Rough Guide to Accessible Britain, their family members, any associated companies or suppliers or anyone else connected to the competition.
- The winner will receive a camera worth a total of £350 and go on three accessible days out selected from the Rough Guide to Accessible Britain, worth £1,350. Prize booking is subject to availability.
- The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable, and is not redeemable for cash. The prize excludes any additional expenses.
- Day trips must be taken between 2 August 2019 and 30 September 2019.
- One winner will be chosen from a random draw of entries received in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. The draw will be supervised by an independent observer.
- Once selected, the winner will be contacted by Able Magazine and must provide their UK postal address to claim the prize. Able Magazine will pass your contact details on to Rough Guide to Accessible Britain to organise the booking(s) and prize. The winner will be announced on social media. The winner’s name will also be available upon request.
- Competition opens 5 July 2019 and the closing date for the receipt of entries is 23.59 on 31 July 2019. Entries received outside of this time period will not be considered.
- Able magazine accepts no responsibility for entries that are not delivered, delayed, misdirected or incomplete or cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason.
- By entering this competition, you consent to Rough Guide to Accessible Britain sharing your footage and/or photographs with third parties who may use the footage or photographs in their marketing literature and/or social media platforms.
- By entering the competition, you will be deemed to have accepted, and agree to be bound by, these Terms and Conditions.