The Motability Scheme’s latest selection of cars is now available, offering disabled people in the UK a choice of over 1,600 affordable and reliable vehicles.
The range features more than 500 cars with an Advance Payment under £500, including over 200 makes and models with no Advance Payment at all, such as these popular choices:
- Peugeot 308 1.2 PureTech 110 Active Premium 5dr
- Seat Leon 1.5 TSI EVO FR 5dr
- Skoda Octavia 1.0 TSI SE Technology 5dr
- Suzuki Swift 1.2 Dualjet 83 12v Hybrid SV5 All Grip 5dr
- Citroen C3 Aircross 1.2 PureTech 110 Shine 5dr
The April-June 2021 price list features a range of low emission cars, automatics and popular crossover models from many manufacturers such as Ford, Toyota, Nissan, Vauxhall, Volkswagen and Hyundai. The prices on this range of 1,600 vehicles are available until the end of June 2021.
50 cars on the price list are available to lease at less than the enhanced rate mobility allowance. This means that customers are free to spend the remaining money on other things. Options include the Kia Picanto 1.0 X-Line 5dr with a £1.55 weekly saving, and the Volkswagen Up! 1.0 65PS 3dr which is £2.05 less than the weekly allowance.
More than 500 cars have an Advance Payment under £500, such as the MG ZS 105kW Exclusive 5dr electric vehicle with an Advance Payment of £199. The price list also includes over 800 car options with automatic or semi-automatic transmission available, including more than 40 with no Advance Payment, such as the Skoda Kamiq 1.0 TSI 110 SE 5dr and the Suzuki Ignis 1.2 Hybrid SZ-T 5dr.
Low emission options
The number of low emission vehicles available to lease through the Motability Scheme continues to increase with more than 120 to choose from, including 75 electric cars and more than 50 hybrids. Options include the automatic Renault Zoe 100kW I Iconic R135 5dr and the Nissan Leaf 110kW Acenta 5dr, both available at no Advance Payment.
Adaptations and Wheelchair Accessible Vehicles (WAVs)
There are more than 150 vehicle adaptations available at no extra cost, providing customers with solutions to help them access the car of their choice, travel more comfortably or store additional mobility equipment. Plus, with over 600 Wheelchair Accessible Vehicles (WAVs) to choose from, there are options available to suit a range of different disability and transport needs.
Recipients of the Enhanced Rate of the Mobility Component of Personal Independence Payment, Higher Rate Mobility Component of Disability Living Allowance, War Pensioners’ Mobility Supplement or Armed Forces Independence Payment can choose to use their weekly allowance to pay for the lease of a vehicle through the Motability Scheme.
There are three pricing options available for those looking to lease a car through the Motability Scheme:
1) Cars that cost less than your mobility allowance – these cars are available to lease at a fixed weekly amount for the whole of the agreement, meaning that the remainder of the allowance, including any increases, will be paid directly to the customer by the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP).
2) Cars that cost all of your mobility allowance – customers simply pay all of their weekly mobility allowance from the DWP, including any annual increases over the three-year lease, to lease their car through the Scheme.
3) Cars that cost all of your mobility allowance, plus an Advance Payment – customers can increase their choice of cars by paying a non-refundable payment upfront, known as the Advance Payment. This covers the difference between the allowance amount and the total cost of the lease.
Leasing a vehicle through the Motability Scheme is simple and affordable. The three-year lease package includes insurance for up to three named drivers, RAC breakdown assistance, vehicle servicing and maintenance, as well as tyre and windscreen repair and replacement.
Please visit motability.co.uk for more information or call 0800 953 7000. The models and prices featured are available until 30 June 2021.