One Big Day at the East of England Arena is giving disabled motorists, their friends and their families the chance to find out all they need to know about the Motability Scheme. Taking place on Saturday 7th September 2019 between 9am and 4pm, the event will showcase exactly what worry-free motoring with the Motability Scheme looks like.
It’s free to attend and offers free parking for all visitors. One Big Day Peterborough is the penultimate event in the Motability Scheme’s programme of events taking place throughout the UK in 2019.
There will be a range of over 50 cars at the event from 25 leading manufacturers including Kia, Ford, Audi and Hyundai. In addition, over 35 scooters and powered wheelchairs will be on display, as well as 20 adapted cars and Wheelchair Accessible Vehicles (WAVs). Visitors can get advice from Motability Scheme advisors and gather useful information from Scheme partners – Kwik Fit, RAC, RSA Motability, Driving Mobility and Disabled Motoring UK.
Visitors will have the unique opportunity to test drive a wide range of vehicles, including a wide selection fitted with popular driving adaptions. Exclusive to our Peterborough event, guests can now also enjoy our Passenger Wheelchair Accessible Vehicles Experiences. First time WAV users will have the chance to see what it’s like to travel as a passenger while remaining in their wheelchair. These Passenger WAV Experiences, and all test drives, can be booked at the event by visiting the test drive area and will be available on a first come first served basis.
Alison Beasley, One Big Day event manager, said:
“We are excited to return to the East of England Arena in Peterborough for our One Big Day event. Designed to help people find the best mobility options for their needs, visitors can take a test drive, enjoy a Wheelchair Accessible Vehicle Taster Experience, explore the wide range of vehicles, scooters, powered wheelchairs and adaptations and chat to our Scheme partners all under one roof.”
An event for the whole family to enjoy, One Big Day Peterborough offers free children’s entertainment such as free balloon modelling, a bouncy castle, free face painting and of course the chance to say hello to the Motability Scheme mascot, Billy the Bear. Plus, on arrival all visitors will be treated to a token for a free cup of tea, coffee or a soft drink.
Find out more about One Big Day online at: motability.co.uk/onebigday
Full programme of 2019 One Big Day events:
- Peterborough Arena, Peterborough – Saturday 7 September 2019
- Royal Highland Centre, Edinburgh – Saturday 21 September 2019
For more information on leasing a car, scooter or powered wheelchair through the Motability Scheme, visit motability.co.uk or call 0800 953 7000.
About the Motability Scheme:
- The Motability Scheme is the UK’s leading car scheme for disabled people. It provides affordable, convenient, worry-free motoring to over 625,000 disabled customers and their families. Scooters and powered wheelchairs can also be leased through the Motability Scheme.
- The Scheme is available to anyone who receives the Higher Rate Mobility Component of the Disability Living Allowance, the Enhanced Rate of the Mobility Component of Personal Independence Payment or the War Pensioners’ Mobility Supplement or the Armed Forces Independence Payment. Customers transfer their mobility allowance to Motability Operations Ltd to lease a car, scooter or powered wheelchair.
- When leasing a Motability Scheme car, insurance for two named drivers, servicing and maintenance, full RAC breakdown assistance, tyre and windscreen replacement and 60,000 mileage allowance over three years are all included in the cost of the lease. A range of popular car adaptations are also available at no additional cost.
- When leasing a scooter or powered wheelchair, insurance, breakdown assistance, servicing, maintenance and repairs and tyre and battery replacement are all included in the cost of the lease. Pricing is standard nationwide.
- A wide range of ‘green’ vehicles with emissions of 100g of CO2 per km or less are available through the Scheme.
- Motability is a Registered Charity in England and Wales (number 299745) and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (reference number 736309). Motability also provides grants to customers, who would otherwise be unable to afford the mobility solution they need.
- Motability Operations Ltd is an independent company that operates the Motability Scheme under contract to Motability (the charity). Any profits are non-distributable and are reinvested for the benefit of customers. Motability Operations Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority under reference number 735390.