We are an outdoor centre in the heart of the Peak District, right on the traffic free Monsal Trail and have several different accommodation buildings available to hire.
Our newest building Woodlands is a self contained accommodation building with accessible facilities and equipment; it has a multi-use main living space and sleeps up to 10. It has been designed to cater for groups which include those with additional needs and is located with fantastic views down our fields and into mature woodland overlooking our Sky Ropes and Yurt.
- Multi-use main living space with:
– Bi-fold doors onto an enclosed decking and patio area with seating
– 50” wall mounted TV, Blu-ray player and Bluetooth speaker
– Fold down king size bed and a sofa bed
– Dining facilities for up to 10
– Comfortable sofa seating for 5 people (padded dining chairs for additional people)
– Coffee table
- Fully equipped kitchen with an oven/grill, hob, fridge/freezer, microwave, toaster, utensils, pots/pans and dishwasher
- Accessible bedroom that sleeps 4 people (1 bunk bed, 1 single bed and 1 single profiling bed that can also be used as a standard single bed) with an en-suite accessible shower room
- Bedroom that sleeps 5 people (2 bunk beds and 1 single bed)
- Shower room
- Utility room with washing machine and tumble dryer
- A small charcoal BBQ is available (please bring your own charcoal)
- Free Wi-Fi – feel free to tag us in any posts!
- Bedding is provided for you to make up the beds that you choose to use. Please bring you own towels.
Accessible Features and Equipment
- Level access throughout, no steps or stairs and wide door ways for wheelchair access (see room plan for widths)
- A Maxi Sky remote controlled ceiling mounted hoist system with a 2 point loop spreader bar (please bring your own slings) which connects the accessible bedroom to the en-suite shower room
- An en-suite shower room with a large shower area, shower bed, adjustable height sink and toilet with grab rails
- Electric mobile hoist
- Single profiling bed
- Accessible outside toilet
- 1 disabled car parking space right outside the front door
Unfortunately, whilst this building works incredibly well for people with a variety of specific needs, it has not been designed to facilitate independent living for wheelchair users. It is expected that able bodied group members will be present as part of a group booking the building.
Please see our Woodlands accessibility guide on the Visit England & Scotland Accessibility Guides website.
When booking Woodlands on its own access is limited to the building, the fenced patio/garden area, fenced rear woodland area and disabled parking space. Access to the wider centre is limited to those staying in our Farm House, Lodge and campsite and day visitors who have pre-booked. Please see our website for more information.
ABLE Magazine’s travel section is sponsored by Post Office Travel Insurance