The new summer price list for the Motability Car Scheme has been unveiled, offering disabled people a range of over 2,000 affordable makes and models, with over 350 available with no Advance Payment.
With cars from 34 different manufacturers, such as Toyota, Renault, Ford, Nissan and Skoda, as well as 17 Wheelchair Accessible Vehicle (WAV) converters, the new price list is packed with choice for customers. The summer price list features a range of low emission cars, automatics and popular cross-over models.
There are over 700 cars available with an Advance Payment under £500, including the Volvo V40 1.5 T3 Inscription available at £99 Advance Payment, the Ford Kuga 1.5T Zetec available at £295 Advance Payment and the Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross 1.5 2 available at £399 Advance Payment. The price list includes over 900 car options with automatic transmission, with over 50 of those cars available for no Advance Payment.
Lower emission cars also feature throughout the summer price list with over 350 cars available boasting CO2 emissions of 100g/km or less. Options include the Nissan Qashqai 1.5dCi N-Connecta available at £0 Advance Payment and the Kia Niro 1.6 GDi 2 available at £399 Advance Payment.
Over 200 cars on the price list are available at less than the higher rate mobility allowance. This means that customers are free to spend the remaining money on other things. Options include the Toyota Yaris 1.5 VVT-i Icon Hybrid and the Renault Captur 0.9 TCe Play.
Further cars available at £0 Advance Payment within the July to September 2018 Motability Scheme price list include:
- Citroen C3 Aircross 1.2 PureTech Flair
- Volkswagen Golf 1.0 TSI SE
- Peugeot 2008 SUV 1.2 PureTech Allure
- Skoda Karoq 1.6 TDI SE
- Fiat Tipo 1.4 Easy Plus Estate
- Vauxhall Grandland X 1.2 SE
- SEAT Arona 1.6TDI SE Technology Lux
More than 600 Wheelchair Accessible Vehicles (WAVs) are available on the new price list, and over 400 adaptations are also featured as part of the Motability Scheme. More than a third of the adaptations (150) are included at no extra cost.
Disabled people who receive either the Higher Rate Mobility Component of the Disability Living Allowance, Enhanced Rate of the Mobility Component of Personal Independence Payment, War Pensioners’ Mobility Supplement or Armed Forces Independence Payment can choose to use their weekly allowance payment to pay for the lease of a vehicle through the Motability Scheme.
There are three pricing options available for those looking to lease a car through the Motability Scheme:
- Cars that cost less than your mobility allowance – these cars are available to lease at a fixed weekly amount for the whole of the agreement, meaning the remainder of the allowance, including any increases, will be paid directly to the customer by the Department for Work and Pensions.
- Cars that cost all of your mobility allowance – customers simply pay all of their weekly mobility allowance, including any annual increases from the DWP, to lease their car through the Scheme.
- Cars that cost all of your mobility allowance, plus an Advance Payment – customers can increase their choice of cars by paying a non-refundable payment upfront, known as the Advance Payment. This covers the difference between the allowance amount and the total cost of the lease.
Please visit motability.co.uk for more information, or call 0800 953 7000. The models and prices featured are available until 30 September 2018.
About the Motability Scheme
The Motability Scheme is the UK’s leading car scheme for disabled people. It provides affordable, convenient, worry-free motoring to over 600,000 disabled customers and their families. Scooters and powered wheelchairs can also be leased through the Motability Scheme.
The Scheme is available to anyone who receives the Higher Rate Mobility Component of the Disability Living Allowance, the Enhanced Rate of the Mobility Component of Personal Independence Payment or the War Pensioners’ Mobility Supplement or the Armed Forces Independence Payment. Customers transfer their mobility allowance to Motability Operations Ltd to lease a car, scooter or powered wheelchair.
When leasing a Motability Scheme car, insurance for two named drivers, servicing and maintenance, full RAC breakdown assistance, tyre and windscreen replacement and 60,000 mileage allowance over three years are all included in the cost of the lease. A range of popular car adaptations are also available at no additional cost.
When leasing a scooter or powered wheelchair, insurance, breakdown assistance, servicing, maintenance and repairs and tyre and battery replacement are all included in the cost of the lease. Pricing is standard nationwide.
A wide range of ‘green’ vehicles with emissions of 100g of CO2 per km or less are available through the Scheme.