The new price list for the Motability Car Scheme has been unveiled, offering customers a range of over 2,000 affordable makes and models, with over 350 available with no Advance Payment, including:
- Skoda Octavia 1.0 TSI SE Estate
- Vauxhall Crossland X 1.2 Elite
- Citroen C4 Cactus 1.2.PureTech Flair
- Hyundai Tucson 1.6 GDi SE
- Volkswagen Golf 1.0 TSI SE
The new price list features a range of low emission cars, automatics and popular crossover models with vehicles from 31 different manufacturers, such as Citroen, Honda, Ford, Renault, Nissan and Skoda.
There are over 600 cars available with an Advance Payment under £500, including the Ford Focus 1.0T Zetec available at £295 Advance Payment. The price list includes over 800 car options with automatic transmission, with over 50 of those cars available with no Advance Payment.
Lower emission cars feature throughout the price list with over 100 cars available with CO2 emissions of 100g/km or less. Options include the Kia Niro 1.6 2 GDi available at no Advance Payment.
Over 100 cars on the price list are available at less than the Higher Rate Mobility Allowance. This means that customers are free to spend the remaining money on other things. Options include the MG3 1.5 VTITech Excite and the Suzuki Ignis 1.2 Dualjet SZ-T.
There are more than 500 wheelchair accessible vehicles (WAVs) to choose from, plus over 500 adaptations available to make driving and travelling easier and more comfortable – a third of the adaptations are included at no extra cost, including many popular driving adaptations.
Recipients of the Higher Rate Mobility Component of Disability Living Allowance, Enhanced Rate of the Mobility Component of Personal Independence Payment, War Pensioners’ Mobility Supplement or Armed Forces Independence Payment can choose to use their weekly allowance to pay for the lease of a vehicle through the Motability Scheme.
There are three pricing options available for those looking to lease a car through the Motability Scheme:
1) Cars that cost less than your mobility allowance – these cars are available to lease at a fixed weekly amount for the whole of the agreement, meaning that the remainder of the allowance, including any increases, will be paid directly to the customer by the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP).
2) Cars that cost all of your mobility
3) Cars that cost all of your mobility allowance, plus an Advance Payment – customers can increase their choice of cars by paying a non-refundable payment